Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: Day two

× On day two I was reading....




☆☆☆☆





Completing I Am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak means that I can now, successfully, cross off one of my 2014 reading goals while simultaneously achieving my first read of Bout of Books 9.0. I quite like this. Two birds with one stone, and all that.

× Day Two Progress:

Finished reading I Am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak  (Total books = 1)
Read for: 5 hours (Total = 8.5 hours)
Read 234 pages (Total = 357)
Completed the Reading Tactics challenge at Sarah Says Read


» Reading Tactics List Challenge:

For this challenge, we were asked how we find time to read during Bout of Books; the tips and tricks to completing those extra pages. My response:

"Admittedly, reading can be kind of tough for me during the week, and even on the weekends, because I have so much going on. Thankfully, I work at a daycare and am able to get a good 2+ hours of reading in while the toddlers are sleeping. Other than that, I try my best to avoid TV and other distractions; reading late and taking small breaks here and there so I do not get bored or tired. Because school started up again for me this week, it has proven a little difficult, but I am always willing to make time for reading whenever I get a spare minute."
. . . . 

I am already off to a better start than I was during the 8.0 read-a-thon. How are you guys doing? Reading any good books?

No comments:

Post a Comment