I began Shades of Earth on Monday, day one of the Read-A-Thon, and finally, finally finished it on Wednesday; day three. And Ho-ly freaking moly, this book was AMAZING. I've never really been "in love" with the Sci Fi genre, so I was a bit reluctant to pick this series up at first, simply because I was not entirely sure I would enjoy it. But oh, man, am I glad that I did, because it definitely deserves ALL of the hype! Five stars from me.
There were two challenges on day three; the TBR List Challenge by Musings of a Bookshop Girl and Book Spine Poetry by Such a Novel Idea. I only took part in the first one.
Challenge #1 - TBR List Challenge
For this challenge, we had to answer two questions; which five books are at the top of our TBR pile, and if we had a wad of cash and were inside a bookstore, which five books would we add to that list?
~ Which 5 books are at the top of your TBR pile ~
2. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
3. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
4. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
5. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Toucholke
~ Which 5 books would you buy to add to the stack ~
1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
4. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
5. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
Number of Books Read Today: 1
Number of Pages Read Today: 183
Number of Challenges Completed: 3
Total Number of Books: 1
Total Number of Pages: 369
Tuesday's post (complete w/ Monday's challenges!)
Bout of Book's blog