Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Bucketlist: Book Edition

The Book Bucket List TAG was created by ThePrincessOfReading over on Youtube and, while I was not tagged specifically, I decided to go ahead and answered the six questions on my blog. :)

1.) I want to read          books this year:

My Goodreads reading goal is 65 (previously 40) books for this year, and I am currently 12 short of completing the challenge. I definitely am hoping to surpass that number, however, and maybe read 75 books? 80? Who knows! I still have 4 months left until 2014, so I am sure that I will succeed in at least making my goal.

2.) I want to read          classics this year:

At least one. I have not really picked up any classics since high school, and even then I have probably only read three or four in my lifetime. I am definitely hoping to get into them more as I go along, but for right now the goal is to read at least one before the end of 2013.

3.) I want to read         books that have been on my shelf for a while this year:

Three. And they are:

 

  • Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick - This book has been on my TBR shelf the longest; since a few weeks (at least) before the final book came out (which was in October of last year).  
  • Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick - I would like to knock both this book and the previous off of my TBR list so that I can at last say that I am done with the series.
  • Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie - I purchased this book sometime during the spring but have not been able to convince myself to read it. The first two books were not a great reading experience for me, so I have been putting this off for a while now and it would be wonderful to get it over with and on my main bookshelf with the others.

4.) I want to read         different genres this year:

Really, there is only one specific genre I would like to get into this year (as I typically tend to shy away from it when purchasing books), and that is Science Fiction. I will be the first to admit that I am a total dystopian/contemporary/fantasy/mythology junkie, but recently I have been turned on to a few really great Sci Fi reads and it made me realize just how many books I look over because they are labeled as "Science Fiction." I have started both the Across the Universe and Chaos Walking trilogies and am enjoying them so far, and I would like to pick up Reboot sometime in the near future. So, yes; Science Fiction is a genre I would definitely like to get into this year.

Also, I would like to read some more adult novels.

5.) I want to finish         series/trilogies this year:

This is a tricky question, as I have finished several since January (some of them were already half done, so it isn't nearly as impressive as it sounds). So far I have completed the Maze Runner trilogy, the Beautiful Creatures quartet, the Fallen series, the Infernal Devices series and the Anna Dressed in Blood duo. Here are the ones that I am currently in the middle of and would like to finish by the end of the year:



  •  The Across the Universe series by Beth Revis - I have only read book one in this trilogy, but book two is on my TBR shelf and ready to be opened! I would very much like to complete this series.
  • The Matched trilogy by Ally Condie - As stated above, I've already read the first two books in this trilogy and have been putting off book three for some time. Just one more book to go; I can do this!
  • The Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth - Yessss. I have already read books one and two, and the final book in the series comes out this fall. I can't wait! 
  •  The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness - I recently completed book one in this series as well, and fell head-over-heels in love. I am looking forward to reading more of this series and possibly finishing it before 2013 comes to and end.
  • The Lying Game series by Sara Shepard -  The final book in this series came out a few days ago, and I am currently awaiting its arrival via mailbox.

**I am also hoping to possibly finish the Mara Dyer trilogy this year, as the original due date was set for this October, but Goodreads cannot seem to make up their minds on whether or not it will be out this year or the next. So we will see on that one.**

6.) What is one book you really want to read by the end of the year?

Any one of the TBR books would be fine, but I would really like to read The Invention of Hugo Cabret by the end of 2013. It has been on my "Priority Buy" Goodreads shelf for a while now, but other books keep grabbing my attention (and wallet) first.

. . . .

And there you have it, my book bucket list! What books/series are you hoping to finish by the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment