Monday, August 26, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Day Seven [wrap-up]

I planned to read an entire book on Sunday, I really did; but, unfortunately, I was too distracted by Jamie Campbell Bower's face to do anything remotely productive...



Because I did go and see the Mortal Instruments Sunday afternoon (as well as purchasing some new books that I definitely did not need from Barnes & Noble), I was not able to read as much as I would have liked to. But I did still begin a new book—one that I have been waiting forever to read—and got through about 82 pages before the evening ended. And that book was Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke. It was released fairly recently, and I have been dying to get my hands on this baby for quite a while. And so far, I am enjoying it. Lots. Tucholke reminds me a bit of Brenna Yovanoff, in that their writing styles are quite similar. They both deal with paranormal contemporary, and I find that their works are very gritty and dark, and very, very gothic. Which is good, because I like that style. I am currently about halfway through the book right now (today is Monday), and am really looking forward to finishing this off and obsessing over how long I will have to wait for the second.


Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
Series: Between #1
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: August 15, 2013
Pages: 360
Format: Hardcover
Average Rating: 3.87



Goals:

At the beginning of the week, I said that I would like to:

x 1. Read at least three books.

I ended up reading two books and about 1/3 of another. I did not complete this goal, but I'm not too upset about it, as I planned to take it easy this week and just kind of go with the flow (since it was my first time participating).

2. Complete a series.

This one I did do! I began and finished the final book of the Across the Universe trilogy, Shades of Earth, by Beth Revis. And it was AH-MAZING.

3. Read at least 3-3 1/2 hours a day.

I pretty much managed to complete this challenge as well. There were a few days where I fell a bit short, but, overall, I would say that this goal can be marked as accomplished



Overall, I would definitely call this Read-A-Thon a success; merely for the fact that I participated and had a TON of fun. I definitely plan on taking part again.

Challenges:

I did not complete any challenges on Sunday.

BoB Progress:

Number of Books Read Today: 0
Number of Pages Read Today: 82
Number of Challenges Completed: 7
Total Number of Books: 2
Total Number of Pages: 668

Links:

Yesterday's post (complete w/ Saturday & Friday's challenges!)
Friday's post (complete w/ Thursday's challenges!)
Thursday's post (complete w/ Wednesday's challenges!)
Wednesday's post
Tuesday's post (complete w/ Monday's challenges!)
Bout of Book's blog
Goodreads

How did you guys do? Complete any goals you're super proud of? 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great week for you! Mine was good, not great, and I'm looking forward to the next Bout of Books (and hoping my life will be a little more stable at that point).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to the next one as well! I had a lot of fun, and enjoyed talking to other readers. My week was not anything spectacular either, so I completely relate to you there. Wishing you the best of luck for the next Bout of Books! :)

      Delete