Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Day Five & Six

Day five and six were pretty uneventful reading-wise, so I figured I might as well combine the two into one update.



As you know, I began reading The Jerk Magnet by Melody Carlson on day four of the Read-A-Thon (Thursday) and ended up putting it down later that evening because it was just... God-awful. I picked it back up on Friday (day five) and continued reading on until Saturday (day six); which was when I finally (finally) finished it. Because the main character was so unlikable and the story literally had no point, depth, or substance, I gave this book two stars.




☆☆





Challenges:

~ Day Five ~

There was only one challenge on day five, and that was Bookish Mad Libs hosted by The Space Between. For this challenge, we were given instructions to pick certain characters, places, or verbs/adjectives that were in a book/series or present in the title. My choices were as follows:

A. The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan [place name or type]
B. President Snow (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) [villain]
C. The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events #7) by Lemony Snicket [adjective]
D. A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis [number]
E. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien [noun]
F. William Herondale (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) [hero/heroine]
G. If you Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff [dessert]

And then we had to insert our choices into a letter. Voila!
Help! I'm being held captive in the Red Pyramid, by President Snow!
It is very vile here!
He is demanding a million rings to set me free!
I have just discovered that William Herondale was captured too!
On second thought, please send cookies, and don't worry if you don't hear from us for awhile!

Much Love,

Samantha
~ Day Six ~

There were two challenges on day six; Bookish Wishes, hosted by Kelsey's Cluttered Bookshelf, and the Acrostic Book Poem by I Read, Ergo I Write. I only participated in challenge one.

Challenge #1 - Bookish Wishes

For this challenge, we were asked to answer one of two questions; if we could be any fictional character, who would it be? And, what book are you dying to read that has not been written yet? I went ahead and answered question one.
If I could be any fictional character, I think that I would probably have to choose Tessa Gray from the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Not only does she end up with two extremely cute boys but she is strong, loyal, funny, intelligent, and extremely courageous. I have admired her character from book one.

And she also gets the boys. Did I mention that already?
I actually won this challenge, so that's pretty exciting! Thanks to Kelsey for asking such fun questions. :)

BoB Progress:

Number of Books Read Today: 1
Number of Pages Read Today: 140
Number of Challenges Completed: 7
Total Number of Books: 2
Total Number of Pages: 586

Links:

Friday's post (complete w/ Thursday's challenges!)
Thursday's post (complete w/ Wednesday's challenges!)
Wednesday's post
Tuesday's post (complete w/ Monday's challenges!)
Bout of Book's blog
Goodreads

We are at the final stretch. Good luck on your last day of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment