Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bout of Books 10: Day one


Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: The Archived #2
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Pages: 368
Format: Hardcover
Average Rating: 4.43




On day one I read The Unbound by Victoria Schwab, the second book in the Archived series. 

I am pretty sure Schwab has become one of my new favorite authors, and these books a new obsession. They are breathtaking; full of beautiful characters, scenarios and scenes that are both eerie and incredible. I had to force myself to read another book while I waited for this one in the mail, and I am absolutely delighted that it will be my first read of the Bout of Books read-a-thon. Unfortunately, day one's progress was a little slow—due to lack of reading time—but I definitely plan on making it up later.


» Progress...

Began reading The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
Read for about 3 hours
Read 121 pages
Completed the If You Like X, Try Y challenge at The Book Barbies

» Challenges...

If You Like X, Try Y

This challenge is pretty self-explanatory. You choose a certain type of book and/or author and then give a few examples of works that are similar; whether they be from the same genre, author, or posses the same qualities as your original choice. Here is my entry:

"If you like John Green and Rainbow Rowell, try Robyn Schneider. Her book, The Beginning of Everything, possesses many of the qualities I adore in both Green and Rowell's books; a dry, crass sense of humor, clever wit/sarcasm, and amazing characters that you cannot help but fall in love with.

If you like Twilight, try the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Paranormal romance with an intense plot and mortal/other character attraction.

If you like Sarah Dessen, try Sarah Ockler. Both are contemporary authors who favor writing books that posses a little extra bit of depth that I, personally, find very refreshing.

If you like creepy, physiological thrillers with a bit of romance, try The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin."
. . . . 

I cannot believe it is already day two! These things go by way too fast. How is it going, fellow participants?

No comments:

Post a Comment