Monday, April 11, 2016

New ideas

In an attempt to keep this blog alive, I have come up with a few new ideas including more reviews, and this: a weekly life update, just to name a few. We will see how it pans out.

Oh, Ohio weather... I would hibernate from the final stages of autumn until early summer if I could. I never could handle anything under seventy degrees, and the fact that there is three inches of snow on the ground right now, during spring, is killing me.

Tuesday morning I had to drag myself from the comfort of my warm blankets and head to work, bleary-eyed and groggy, in order to set up for Bounce and Play, which my place of employment hosts twice a week for young children, allowing them to kick balls around and enjoy a bounce house if they so wish. After work, I had to rush off to the eye doctor in order to pick up my "official" contacts. While there, the woman ringing me up tried to charge me an additional $100 for an eye exam I had already paid for two weeks prior, and I only managed to catch the mistake at the last moment, rescuing my bank account from an empty belly. Tuesday was also the final day of term, so most of it was spent simultaneously stressing out about an English paper that I had yet to finish writing, and laying around with zero motivation.

I had Wednesday off from work, but it was anything but relaxing. I had failed my driver's exam a week before and spent the last seven days stressing out about five orange cones and my inability to reverse properly when under pressure. (I did ace the actual driving part, though.) I had been sick to my stomach with nerves the past week and despite the fact I did it perfectly during practice, I was sure I would fail maneuverability once again and forever be driver's license-less. 3:15pm rolled around, my hands were shaking on the steering wheel, the instructor sat beside me, pen poised, and sure enough, I knocked over another cone. I was devastated. Thankfully, she must have noticed how nervous I was because she let me do it again, and this time it was executed perfectly. Success!

I worked a split-shift on Thursday, and both shifts required me to set up and take down a plethora of bounce houses—the first time was for Bounce & Play, and the second was for a Preschool family night we were hosting—so I did nothing but watch the new episode of The 100 when I finally got home. The show is not doing that great, in my opinion. Everyone is dying/being killed off, and I find the characters a lot less likeable than they were a season ago. Thanks, writers.

Friday started off great, as I finally got to drive around town by myself. I hit up the Library and Walmart, and was actually able to listen to my own music for once. Why I decided to wait ten years before attempting to get a license is beyond me. The day took an unexpected turn, however, when one of my rabbits, Oliver, decided to wedge himself behind our furnace and could not get out. We spent an hour and forty minutes trying to get his feet back under him and coax him out, but nothing seemed to be working. Finally, when we were just about ready to give up and I was practically dehydrated from crying, I had the great idea to place my female rabbit at the end near his head, and try to convince him to come out and get her. It worked! He finally managed to squeeze himself out of a barely-two-inch gap, and seemed to be none the worse for wear. The same could not be said of me.

Saturday was when we received the three inches of snow, and since I had to walk to work, I was not a happy camper. Birthday parties were hosted and Family Night was had. Since I was working another split-shift, I was able to take the car to work for Family Night that evening, and I quite enjoyed being able to close a door to the cold and immediately turn on the heat that night, rather than waiting for a ride to show up.

Sundays are usually for homework, but since the new term had yet to start, I was able to relax for most of the day. I did have to run a few errands and pick up seventeen pizzas for my mother, who was hosting a dinner for the youth at our church but, all in all, it was a relatively quiet day. I decided to introduce my two male rabbits again, now that Oliver is fixed, and it went surprisingly well. Hopefully I can put them together soon and Louis can get the peace she deserves.

Which brings us to today. Term has started again, but I probably will not make any sort of attempt at homework until Wednesday. Instead, I will edit a video, work, and maybe watch that new episode of Scorpion that is supposed to air tonight. If only the weather would warm up...

No comments:

Post a Comment