Tuesday, November 17, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day Seventeen

Bullet-Point Your Day:

  • 7:45am – First alarm.
  • 8:00am – Second alarm.
  • 8:30am – Finally managed to pull myself out of bed and began getting ready for work.
  • 9:05am – Packed my purse and played around on my phone after having finished with my makeup and hair.
  • 9:25am – Left for work.
  • 9:30am – Clocked in and began putting up the bounce house. We have Bounce & Play every other Tuesday/Thursday, where little kids can come in a jump in the bounce house or goof around in our indoor soccer field. It's a lot of fun, but the bounce house is VERY difficult to set up; especially when you're by yourself.
  • 9:45am – Finished setting up the field house; sat down in an attempt to REGULATE MY BREATHING, OMG.
  • 10:10am – Only two families have shown up so far—oftentimes, it is a hit or miss—and after having walked around a few times saying good morning, I am hiding out in the recreation office. Parents get weirded out if you stand off to the side, smiling at and watching their kids for two hours, even if it is your job.
  • 10:30am-12:00pm – Walked a few rounds every fifteen minutes or so, making sure everyone was getting along and that the fans/seals keeping the air inside the bounce house were all secure. Quite a few more families showed up; probably the most people I've had in a while.
  • 12:00pm – Bounce & Play is over! Began cleaning up all the toys and putting the bounce house away.
  • 12:15pm – Clocked out and headed home; stopped to get a Dr. Pepper from Circle K on the way.
  • 12:40pm – Sat down to eat lunch and rewatch last night's episode of Scorpion with my mom.
  • 1:15pm – Went upstairs to lay in bed; checked various social media sites and drifted in and out of sleep.
  • 2:15pm – Prepared my rabbits' lunch and dinner.
  • 2:40pm – Left for work. Again.
  • 2:45pm – Clocked in.
  • 2:55pm – Usually, at this time, I would be heading over to the school to pick up our after-school kids, but they had early release today and were already at the center. Instead, I walked in to chaos, as someone had decided to let 40 kids put on roller-skates and topple over one another in the gym.
  • 3:10pm – Took the kids over to one of the classrooms and worked on homework. More chaos.
  • 4:30pm – Helped out with art.
  • 5:00pm – Switched over to monitor the batting cages and had a “vending machine dinner,” which consisted of a Dr. Pepper and some chocolate, coupled with a bag of crackers I brought with me from home. After dinner, I kept an eye on the batting cages and finished reading “Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps,” by Kelly Williams Brown. A really helpful and insightful book!
  • 7:00pm – Put away the batting cages (the machines are heavy and I probably almost knocked myself unconscious a few times while moving them) and hung out in the recreation office, waiting to see if anyone would show up for open gym. They didn't.
  • 8:00pm – Clocked out and headed home (usually I have to walk home on Tuesdays, which I HATE doing after dark, but today I got a ride); stopped to get a Dr. Pepper from Circle K on the way. I drink a lot of Dr. Pepper...
  • 8:15pm – Chatted with my parents for a bit about our day's activities and then fed the rabbits their dinner.
  • 8:45pm – Began working on my online Math exam for school; today was the last day of classes before the next term—which begins in two weeks—and the exam was my final assignment. So, SO happy to be done with the course; Math is my least favorite subject.
  • 9:40pm – UHHHHHHHHG, MATH........
  • 10:15pm – FINISHED MY EXAM, YESSSSSSSS!! Unless I totally bomb the assignment, I should pass the class with a C. Not too bad, given my history with the subject. After a celebratory dance, I wrote up a few blog posts and played with the rabbits for a bit.
  • 11:00pm – Took a shower and did all the obligatory before-bed stuff.
  • 11:30pm – Climbed into bed. Usually I am already there, as I save the 10:30-11:30 hour for reading, but I did not have time tonight. I spent the next half hour checking social media and watching Youtube videos.
  • 12:00am – Created tomorrow's To-Do list, plugged my phone in to the charger and shut off the TV. Goodnight!

. . . .
I will be participating in the 30 Day Writing challenge every day this month, but will not be posting all of them. If you're curious, you can view the list of challenges here (I switched day sixteen and seventeen).

No comments:

Post a Comment