Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Ten Facts About Me [Top Ten Tuesday]

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they update their blog with a list of ten things that have to do with a predetermined topic.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


This can be a terrible quality to have sometimes, let me tell you. I hate it when things are out of place, messed up, or beyond my control. I despise change, disorganization and getting things wrong. All of these things tend to work together to constantly mess with my anxiety and throw me into an I MUST BE ABLE TO DO ALL THE THINGS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AROUND mode, and I get really upset with myself if I can't make a situation better, do something wrong, or experience a change.



 
The best time of the week for me is when I can plan for the next one. I color-coordinate everything, map it out, and am always aware of what is happening at least a week ahead of time. Is that weird?


 
Anytime I go somewhere or meet someone new, they are always, always, always caught off guard when I get comfortable enough to joke around, and are never prepared for how sarcastic and cynical my sense of humor can be, especially because I am usually very quiet and reserved.



 
I was always afraid I was going to get into an accident or that I would get hurt/mess up somehow (thanks, anxiety), but last summer I finally decided that I would put all of my worries aside and go ahead and try for it. I am still unwilling to get behind the wheel of the car sometimes, but I really enjoy the freedom that comes along with having my license now, and the fact that I can go to the bookstore anytime I want without having to talk someone into giving me a ride!


*book shopping


We have a puppy preschool class at my place of employment once a week, and my coworkers make fun of me because I will literally swoon every time a dog walks by. I can't help it! They are so adorable, and I want about fifty of my own. I also freak out any time I see a rabbit, whether it be wild or in a store, and I have been known to go into a pet store for something and come home with a baby rabbit (seriously. this has happened twice). I currently have three of them, and the sad thing is, I don't show them or enter them in anything; I just think they make great pets!



 
Harry Potter relaxes me, so whenever I find myself with a day off or a bit of free time, I will pop in one of the movies (usually the first or second), and clean/do stuff with it playing in the background.



Yep. It's kind of sad, now that I think about it. The first time was my freshman year of high school, and my family and I went to Florida on vacation. I had so much fun visiting new places, lounging about the beach, and exploring Disney World! The second time I went out of state, I was was with my choir, junior year. We went to Chicago to partake in a national competition and won six trophies, which was cool. That was my first ever trip without my parents, and my very first time in a big city. I had a lot of fun and would LOVE to go back soon! Actually, I would like to go anywhere soon, just so I can bump that Times-I-Went-Out-of-State number up a bit.


I was very, very sick my senior year of high school, both physically and mentally, because my immune system decided to work against me that year. Add that to my regular, every day anxiety, plus the anxiety that accompanies senior year and all of the worries/problems from missing so much school, and I fell into a deep depression. When I wasn't physically ill, I would be so tired and stressed and anxious and worried and in a dark, dark place that I couldn't drag myself out of bed and made the situation even worse. I missed most of the year, my good grades plummeted, and I was not able to graduate with my class. I didn't end up graduating until almost a year later. It was not a fun experience.


I always say it's the summertime because I love the heat, but after working outside these last few months, I have changed my mind. Please don't tell my mom; I've made a pretty big deal about loving summer and the heat pretty much every single day of my life. I just love the colors, the warm-but-not-too-warm weather, and wearing comfy sweaters.



THE SMELLS ARE EVERYWHERE! I am constantly having to excuse myself from situations because people are putting on lotion, perfume or hand sanitizer. My mom and sister are awful about spraying way too much perfume and chasing me out of a room because the smell is so overwhelming that I start experiencing an allergic reaction. I cannot wash my clothes in certain detergents or fabric softeners, which makes the static unbearable, and I can't go into places that sell scented bath items or have burning candles because my allergies freak out and try to murder me. Basically, vanilla is the only scent I am 100% okay with.





What are some things you would like me to know about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment