Thursday, June 9, 2016

New to the TBR [June 2016]

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25372801-all-the-birds-in-the-sky?ac=1&from_search=true

What it is About: Two childhood friends must band together and combine their knowledge and abilities—both scientific and magical—to save their wold from destruction. 

Why I Added it: I think I heard about this from one of my Booktube friends. It was described as incredibly weird, and since that is a type of book I am drawn to, I figured I would go ahead and add it to my TBR. I am very, very intrigued by the premise!




. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21936809-the-kind-worth-killing?from_search=true&search_version=service
 
What it is About: On a flight home from London, two strangers, Ted and Lily, meet. Their innocent conversation suddenly takes a turn for the dangerous when jokes about Ted's unhappy marriage quickly become a plot to kill his wife.

Why I Added it: Normally this type of book wouldn't be my thing, but I read Gone Girl last year and loved it. So, in an attempt to find more interesting books outside of my comfort zone, I figured I would give this one a try. It seems suspenseful and crazy; two things I am very much into, book-wise.


 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27883214-caraval?from_search=true&search_version=service  
What it is About: Tella is kidnapped during the legendary, once-a-year performance called Caraval, where the audience participates in an elaborate performance that is not what it seems. In order to get Tella back, her sister Scarlett must take part in a dangerous game of love, heartbreak and magic.

Why I Added it: Um, YES PLEASE. This sounds like The Hunger Games meets The Night Circus, and I am IN



 
 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21416690-the-invisible-library?from_search=true&search_version=service What it is About: Irene is a professional spy for the mysterious Library, which harvests fiction from different realities. Her mission: to retrieve a dangerous book. But when they arrive, it's already been stolen. London's underground factions seem prepared to fight to the very death to find her book.

Why I Added it: Pitched as Doctor Who but with spies, The Invisible Library was immediately added to my TBR because obviously.




. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/727810.The_Return_of_the_King What it is About: The armies of the Dark Lord are massing as his evil shadow spreads even wider. Men, Dwarves, Elves and Ents unite forces as Frodo and Sam struggle further into Mordor in their heroic quest to destroy the One Ring.

Why I Added it: I have been meaning to read this book/finish this series for a while and realized it was not yet on my Goodread's TBR.

No comments:

Post a Comment