Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday [May 19]


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they update their blog with a list of ten things that have to do with a predetermined topic.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Tuesday Freebie

Even though I have a feeling it was done a few months ago, I have decided to list my Top Ten Standalone Books.



1. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

4. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Though, apparently, there are rumors this might be made into a duology?)

5. Vicious by V.E. Schwab

6. Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King

7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

8. The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons

9. Paper Valentine, Fiendish, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

10. Panic by Lauren Oliver


What are some of your favorite standalone books?

5 comments:

  1. Oh man this would be a hard list for me to make. I read a ton of standalones. TFIOS is one of my favorites... also I really need to read Everybody sees the Ants. I think its the only AS King book I haven't read! Oh and Ready Player One is one of those books I've been meaning to read forever. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody Sees the Ants is the ONLY A.S. King book that I have read thus far. I really need to pick up some of her other books!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see Glass Arrow on here! I just started it. Also, Night Circus is one of my favorite from recent years...just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love The Book Thief! I was actually kind of meh about Panic but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, Panic did not have the best follow-through but I did really like the idea. Mostly read and enjoyed for that reason!

      Delete