(click on the book to be taken to Goodreads)
1. Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid: I put off finishing this book for SO long (I think I started it in... July?) It was okay, but I felt like the author was trying to make the book into something deeper than he was capable of or able to pull off (in this particular instance). In my opinion, each character went through a very minimal amount of growth—even Leila, the female lead—and the only character that did develop—Hudson—did it off-screen; we didn't even get to see it! He just swooped in at the end and listed the things he had learned in Leila's absence. It would have been much more interesting had we actually seen the changes for ourselves. Like I said; the book was okay—enjoyable—but it did not leave much of an impact.
2. Born of Illusion by Terri Brown: Actual Rating = 3.75 stars. Very interesting.
3. Percy Jackson & the Olympians; The Lightning Thief (graphic novel) by Rick Riordan.
4. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard: I have been loving me some historical fiction lately, and combining that particular genre with zombies instantly grabbed my attention. I'm just sorry it took me so long to pick this up! Daniel has definitely found himself a place on my
5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Obsidian was the Little Book Club's September pick of the month. I did not seem to enjoy this as much as everyone else on the planet—Daemon was a bit too infuriating and Kat a bit too whiny—but, overall, it was enjoyable.
Began, but did not finish:
. . . .
▫ Read 5.5 books
▫ Read 1,905 pages
GR's 2014 Reading Challenge:
▫ Read 51 of 70 books
▫ Currently 1 book behind schedule
▫ The Body Electric by Beth Revis -- October 6, 2014
▫ Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan -- October 7, 2014
▫ Sweet Unrest by Lisa Maxwell -- October 8, 2014
▫ In the After Light by Alexandra Bracken -- October 28, 2014
My wrap-up posts seem to be completed/posted later and later as the months go on....