Monday, August 24, 2015

Bout of Books 14 Wrap-up

Bout of Books

Bout of Books has come to an end and, with it, one of the most successful weeks I've had, reading-wise, all year! I only managed to complete a few books but, overall, I did more reading that I have done in quite some time. This post will be a review of my week. To see my original Progress Post, you can click here.



Day One:

One day one, I continued reading the book that I had been working on in the weeks leading up to Bout of Books: Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott, calling it a night after 97 pages. I also participated in the "Fictional World Travel" challenge.


Day Two:

One day two, I finished reading Fire and Flood and picked up Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan, which I had just received in the mail. I read 157 pages in total on day two and participated in the "Book Scavenger Hunt" challenge.


Day Three:

Since Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes is such a big book, I decided to go ahead and pick up The Nightmare Charade by Mindee Arnett on day three, reading 150 pages in total. I also completed the "M.A.S.H." challenge.


Day Four:

Because I had Thursday off from work, I decided to use the day to catch up on some schoolwork and cleaning, only reading about 28 pages in total. I read Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes and The Nightmare Charade on-and-off, completing the "Four Seasons Book Covers" challenge as well.


Day Five:

I continued reading both books on day five, getting through 82 pages and completing the "Character Soulmates" challenge.


Day Six:

On day six, I began and finished reading Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Titans Curse graphic novel in between reading Greek Heroes and The Nightmare Charade. I read 153 pages in total and completed the "Road Trip" challenge.


Day Seven:

Day seven was my most successful reading day, by far. I had another day off of work and used my free time to finally finish The Nightmare Charade by Mindee Arnett, having read 245 pages in total just before Bout of Books ended at midnight. I also participated in the "What to Read Next" challenge.


Stats:

Total # of Hours Read: 13.75
Total # of Pages Read: 912
Total # of Books Read: 3(.5)
Total # of Challenges Participated In: 7

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall, I think I did pretty well. Like I said, my reading has not been the greatest this year, so finishing 3.5 books in one week is an accomplishment. Hopefully this will continue! Though I did not set any goals for myself, I am glad that I was able to finish the three books on my TBR and took part in every single challenge that was hosted. Thanks, Bout of Books, for another great read-a-thon!


Did you guys participate? How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment