Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they update their blog with a list of ten things that have to do with a predetermined topic.

This week's topic is: What are ten sequels you cannot wait to get your hands on?




The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin. I NEED TO HAVE THIS BOOK IN MY POSSESSION. NOW. To say that I was heartbroken upon learning that its release was changed from October 2013 to June of next year would be a colossal understatement.

Untitled (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken. I must know how this series ends! Do Ruby and Liam end up together? Is Clancy really that much of an ass? Chubs/Vida? WHAT ABOUT ZU?! All fair questions that are eating me alive I need to know the answer to.

The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan. Obviously.

Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi. Hello, gorgeous cover. *drools* Despite my attraction attachment to certain characters, I am ready to see how Tahereh Mafi ends this series. Team dontevenTHINKaboutkillingWarner! :D

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare. Who on this planet is not anticipating the final installment in the Mortal Instruments series? While this is not as dire a read as, say, Mara Dyer, I am still quite curious to find out how everything ends.

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna #3) by Stephanie Perkins. I really like how, though each book is told from a new/different character's perspective, their story-lines all kind of travel together and connect throughout the series. I am really interested in seeing how everything comes together in the final book.

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine #2) by Ransom Riggs. Why does it feel like I've been waiting two years for this release? Oh. Probably because I have been...

Between the Spark and the Burn (Between #2) by April Genevieve Tucholke. What can I say? I have a habit of gravitating toward really weird and/or creepy reads. The first book in this duo, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, was just that; eerie, ominous, and even a bit disturbing - like Anna Dressed in Blood, but without ghosts. I am really looking forward to discovering how this story plays out. Also: I definitely need more of River in my life.

The Initiate (Divergent #0.2) by Veronica Roth. Currently suffering from a serious case of mourning, I am on the look-out for anything and everything Divergent related - novellas and movie included. I really enjoyed reading from Four's point-of-view in The Transfer, and am excited to learn more about his character.

. . . .

I have just realized that the majority of these books come out next year...

What sequels are you most excited for? We have quite a few final installments coming out soon(ish).

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to Ignite Me!
    My TTT: http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete