Sunday, July 13, 2014

BookTubeAThon 2014 [TBR]


The thought of an actual, planned TBR pile gives me anxiety. LOTS of anxiety. But read-a-thons are about challenging yourself, eh?

Here are the week's reading goals set by the BookTubeAThon's creator, Ariel Bissett:

1. Read a book with pictures:


It is a book. And it is made up of pictures. Challenge #1: check!

2. Start and finish a series:


As seems to be the trend, I am choosing a duology; both books a relatively quick read. I'm not sure how well this particular challenge will go; if, at the end of the week, I feel up to reading these two books, then I will. If not, I wont be disappointed.

3. Read a book with red on the cover:


Might I draw your attention to the red ribbon braided into her hair?

I am not in the habit of reading an unfinished series all at once—sidenote, in case you were unaware: I have recently completed Cinder and will be done with Scarlet tonight—but OH. MY. I am in love with this story.

4. Read a book someone else has chosen for you:

I will not be doing this challenge. It is difficult enough for me to plan ahead and possibly read something I may not be in the mood for. The added stress of reading something someone else has chosen for me is unnecessary.

5. Read a book from the genre you have read the least from this year:


Once again we have Cress by Marissa Meyer, counting toward two challenges this week. This book falls under the genre of Science Fiction and Steampunk.

6. Read a book-to-movie adaptation:


It is not a movie, but will be. That counts, right?

7. Read 7 books stories:

The original goal was to read seven books, but with how well my reading has been going this month and how anxious I am to be creating a TBR, I am afraid that saying I will read seven actual books may be pushing my luck - not to mention setting myself up for major disappointment (my average is 2-3 books a week). So, I have tweaked the challenge a bit; allowing novellas to count toward the final number as well.

And here they are:




Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky (The Lunar Chronicles #3.1) by Marissa Meyer
Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles #0.6) by Marissa Meyer
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman



. . . .

And there you have it: my first ever, official TBR! Anyone else participating in the BookTubeAThon this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment