Friday, November 23, 2012

A pile of new and undiscovered worlds;

At any point in time, I usually have at least two books on my bedside table waiting to be read. When I finish one, I switch it out for another and buy a new book to take its place. Sounds like a good system, right? I'm never overwhelmed. Never have much to choose from at any given time. I can easily finish a series and move on to the next. Except... I have recently rediscovered my love for Barnes and Noble. I realize that probably sounds weird, but I live in a very small town where the biggest store around and pretty much the only place to buy anything, let alone a book, is Walmart. The nearest B&N is about 40 minutes away, so you can probably imagine the number of opportunities I am able to shoot over there for a visit, especially since I don't drive. However, after wandering through their aisles for the first time a few weeks ago, I have since begged my parents to take me back. Twice. And each time I go, I come home with 4-5 new books. Each. Time. So now my incredibly perfect system is of no use, due to the mound of new and undiscovered worlds currently sitting atop my nightstand. And they are all INCREDIBLY AMAZING BOOKS, too. So it has become awfully hard to choose which one(s) to read next. Here is what I have accumulated so far:
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  • The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner trilogy) by James Dashner
  • Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
  • Silence (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Finale (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
  • Fallen by Lauren Kate
  • As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars: Volume 3) by Sara Shepard
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars: Volume 4) by Sara Shepard
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Which is far too many for my book-loving mind to comprehend. Also, if that weren't enough, my birthday and Christmas are coming up as well, so I foresee a major growth in this pile's future. What can I say, I love buying books. And, as much as it addles my previous book-reading system, I am kind of okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment